OK, I get it. You don’t have time to train your muscle, or even just the arm muscles. But guess what, you can still do it five minutes a day. I bet you’ve heard about the plank? This kind of workout is one of the most effective way to keep your arms sexy. It shapes not just the armpits, but also the whole body.
The posture of the plank is what they called “floating” above the floor relying only on the hands and feet toes. Look at the image. To perform that in few minutes definitely is not easy, especially for untrained muscles. A large number of muscles are activated during the plank.
How to do the good plank
Want to have a slim arms? It is very important to do this exercise daily, preferably at the same time. The good news is, plank doesn’t need any movement. Just…
- Lie down on the floor on your belly.
- Bend your elbows 90 degrees and set in the lying position on your elbows.
- The body should be flat from head to heels.
- Strain the abdominal muscles.
- Assemble the feet, to give the muscles more pressure in order to stay balance.
- Stretch the buttocks in order to increases the activation of all muscles of the lower torso.
- Lower back should be really flat, not curved or dented.
- Try to tuck the stomach under the ribs, but don’t hold your breath.
- To avoid unnecessary burden on your shoulders, put your elbows directly below the shoulder joints.
If you are a newbie, hold this position for 20 seconds. After a break of a minute, repeat the exercise. Five repetitions would enough to make you sweat. Then, when this feels no problem anymore for you, increase the duration gradually until two minutes.
The plank could benefit to the muscle of arms, armpits, buttocks, back, feet, legs, and stomach. Yes, this is sort of practical, combo exercise. Simple, yet deadly useful.